Published on 07 September 2020
Bombed, rebuilt, bombed, repurposed…
The events of WWII had a devastating impact on the historic site at Limoges
In fact, the factory was bombed twice. The first time was in February 1944 when three quarters of the facilities were destroyed, and the factory was rebuilt identically. It was then bombed again in June 1944, which marked the end of activity until 1946 when it was taken over by the Minister of Armaments and became the ACAA (Atelier Centrent des Automobiles de l’Armement).
This marked the beginning of the factory’s role as a dedicated site for the repair and maintenance of the French Army’s rolling stock. During this time, the facilities specialised in the renovation of Citroen vehicles, trucks and other army vehicles – and also embarked on an ambitious programme to renovate American Dodge vehicles …
Les dernières actualités
Interview : Damien Delannoy - Defence Sales Director
Four quick questions with Damien Delannoy, Defence Sales Director Damien joined Texelis in 2012 as Sales Manager Defence and Special Vehicles, and quickly became a key figure in the transformation of Texelis’ customer base from mainly French domestic to a diversified and international customer portfolio that counts Serbia, the UAE, US, Singapore, Finland, Egypt and Canada among its number. Since […]Read more